Okay. Let me start out by saying that I’d rather be at the beach right now, laying under the sun and sipping on one of those tropical drinks with the tiny umbrellas in them. Instead, here I am sitting at a coffee shop drinking water; I lost my debit card yesterday and it is all I could afford with the cash I had on me.
No offense to me but what the hell am I doing??
But okayyy, rant over. For today’s post, I wanted to share the makeup look I’ve been wearing most days for the last month or so.
I live in a place that, (either luckily or unluckily for me; haven’t decided yet hehe) sports hot, tropical weather year-round. I thus tend to stay away from very heavy makeup, opting for lightweight BB creams or liquid foundations instead. I do like to play around with colors as the seasons change however, and this summer I’ve stuck to peaches and pinks.
Below are the products I have been using this season. Enjoy!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – I usually start out by moisturizing my face to help my makeup go on smoothly. This moisturizer has an added SPF of 15; an essential for the summer!
- BB Cream by Nyx – I don’t usually wear foundation during the day if I’ll be spending indeterminate amounts of time under the sun, so the lightweight formula of this cream works perfectly for me. The only thing I don’t like about this product is its lack of variety in shades; as of now, it is only available in three shades and none of them are dark.
- Subculture Palette by Anastasia Cosmetics – This palette is amazing; I’ve been alternating between the Dawn and Roxy shades and love them both.
- Born to Glow! Liquid Illuminator by Nyx – I like to keep my skin looking dewy during the summer, and this liquid illuminator by Nyx goes on smoothly and gives the whole look a rosy and glow-y finish.
- Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara by Maybelline – This lengthens my lashes without making them look clumpy; one of my favorites!
- Soft Matte Lip Cream by Nyx – I’ve been using this in the shade London as an everyday color; these lip creams look fairly matte without drying your lips out.
Until next time,